You swear that your disgust at your roommates’ cute and cuddly relationship isn’t due to jealousy. But let’s be real—if you’re single and living with a couple, you can feel like you’re returning to home sweet hell pretty much every day.
It’s hard to NOT think about how pathetic and miserable you are when you’re constantly accompanied by those other significant others. Every walk to the subway station, every dinner, every “goodnight” is a reminder that they are two and you are one. And this is not a balanced ensemble.
Clearly all waiters and waitresses agree. “Will there be a fourth person joining you tonight?”
If you’re sick of your date being the coat chair, try to put a positive spin on it.
- You have infinitely more elbowroom at the table.
- You can eat as much garlic and onions as you want.
- You don’t have to share your meal… or dessert!
- You at least have the possibility of getting someone to buy you a drink.
Just try not to let your loneliness take over your life...

I love your blog! I am in the same boat as you and I can identify with everything you've posted (my date is usually a foot rest, not a coat chair, though, lol). I've definitely let the negative feelings get to me lately and I need to remember not to let that get a hold of me. Thanks!
ReplyDelete